Gracie is now 13 years old!

For nine years she's eaten REAL, HOMEMADE FOOD, NOT commercial dog food. This blog shows how easy it is to be a DOGGIE CHEF and how healthy a home-fed dog can be.

February 16, 2010

Poached Cod Dinner 2-16-10

I cooked poached cod for dinner last night so Gracie got some too.


Gracie's Dinner:

Fresh cod poached in water with some olive oil, a splash of white wine and parsley

Brown rice

Green peas

Just a reminder (I've mentioned and showed this in previous posts): When I prepare Gracie's meals I fill her bowl with separate portions of foods (see above photo) to help me gauge the type and amount of protein, carbohydrates, vegetables, dairy, etc... she's eating. Before serving the meal I usually mix together everything except any dairy product (like yogurt or cottage cheese) to distribute the flavors.
There was no dairy in tonight's dinner so it was all mixed together. As usual, I mashed the peas very well for easier digestion:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment